Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Black's Bar and Kitchen

Dotti and I went to Black's Bar and Kitchen in September. Unfortunately I only know this because of where my picture files are located on my computer (the date, not the fact I went). I do remember that:

1. This was part of our Bethesda-friendly top-100 sampling, based on our assumption of there being a higher percentage of men there (perhaps true, but most were of the over-60 variety)
2. The lighting gave everything a more-romantic sheen (good ambiance for a Dotti date)
3. The food was clever, but not quite as memorable as other Black's Restaurant Group
restaurants (the paragon of course being Black Market Bistro)
4. I received yet another parking ticket (only in retrospect did I notice some sort of parking restriction on the meter, oops)


Dotti began with a Malbec and the night began.


I had a beautiful, delicate grilled shrimp and avocado salad to start, with arugula, slices of grapefruit, and a citrus vinaigrette.

Dotti, for her entrée, had chicken and waffles. The waffles were a bit dry and a request for additional syrup landed on receptive but unsympathetic ears.


I have a bit of a proclivity for brussels sprouts at restaurants.. it's like tofu: they are a canvas upon which chefs can create. I had them with bacon. For dinner, I had softshell crab. Since I'm amateur, I can say I have no idea what was going on under it.. but I'm not certain it had to be that complicated.



















In the great Where the Men Are adventure, at least I should ostensibly have a reason to forget the course of the evening. Here, I'll just chalk it up to age.

No comments: