Thursday, June 9, 2011

Demystifiying Seafood

There's nothing to demystify: seafood is delicious. What I found much more illuminating at the Smithsonian's Demystifying Seafood: The Ocean and Its Bounty is that Ted Danson seems to be disappointingly old and that I have friends who are more convincing food connoisseurs than I. I never liked Ted Danson much anyway, so the latter discover is much more satisfying.

Tonight I joined friends for an evening of blini, ceviche, and escabache eating. It was delightful. Since I have a flight for which I need to depart in seven hours, I will be brief and present a pictorial account, in order of my preference, of the most satisfying demystified mollusks:

Oyster from New Orleans' Acme Oyster House:


Coriander Black Pepper Gulf Shrimp and a Watermelon-Lime Salad:


Wahoo and Watermelon Tiradito with Kaffir Lime:


Wild Texas Shrimp with House-Made Worcestershire Meunière:


Southern Flounder Supreme (I forgot to photograph it but include a less delicious but as beautiful alternative):

Blue Crab and Camembert Bisque with Saffron Popcorn:


On a totally separate note, since I soon will be feasting in pools of green salsa and blue corn tortilla chips and may not have the imminent opportunity to be historical, I present another short photo montage of how I spent eight hours of my day last Sunday at St. Katherine's Greek Festival.



2 comments:

Andy said...

Why are you hating on Ted Danson so much in this post???

Anonymous said...

Your food connoisseur friends were just trying to impress you so that you'll take them along on your foodie adventures again!